Abolish term time holiday penalty fines to parents if teachers are allowed to strike
The current situation of fining parents for taking children out of school during term time is unfair when teachers are allowed to disrupt their education by taking strike action that results in school closures.
I would request that either of the following options are considered as an alternative
1) education should be classified as an essential service and therefore strike action by teachers during term time shall not be allowed.
2) Fining of parents for taking children out of school during term time shall not be applied if any days of education have been lost due to strike action in that academic year.
This e-petition has been rejected with the following reason given:
E-petitions cannot be used to request action on issues that are outside the responsibility of the government. This includes:
- party political material
- commercial endorsements including the promotion of any product, service or publication
- issues that are dealt with by devolved bodies, eg The Scottish Parliament
- correspondence on personal issues
E-petitions cannot be used for freedom of information requests.
Do you support or oppose this petition?
comments powered by Disqus