Additional sanctions against Russia and Ukraine's military support
Responsible department: Foreign and Commonwealth Office
The Russian occupation of Ukraine violates international law and should be opposed in the strongest terms. Following the initial sanctions, the UK should quickly move to more severe sanctions. In addition, the UK should help Ukraine strengthen its military capability with advice, training and provision of military equipment.
Sanctions should include but are not limited to the following actions:
1. Eliminate Russia's membership in G8 and G20.
2. Remove Russia's membership in the WTO.
3. In addition to cancelling UK visas to members of the Russian Government and Ruling Party Parliament members and their families, tighten controls and limit visas to all Russian citizens.
4. Ban export of dual-use technologies to Russia, that may help to develop their armed forces.
5. Freeze assets and open investigation of money-laundering activities conducted by Russian officials, oligarchs and the Ruling Party in the UK.
Do you support or oppose this petition?
comments powered by Disqus