Ban cars from the roads and make roads dual use paths
Cars should be banned from the highway
1) Our roads aren't wide enough to safely support cars. When they overtake cyclists they're forced to use the wrong side of the road.
2) Cars don't pay road tax.
3) Most drivers can't drive in a straight line.
4) A lot don't wear any protective clothing.
5) Cars don't obey the Highway Code.
6) Many cars have no insurance.
7) Some drive two abreast and even street race creating an even greater hazard.
8) They are a danger to themselves, cyclists and pedestrians as they can't keep within the decent road speed limit. If a car was caught by Police travelling at a cycle's speed the driver would not be fined for obstructing others and/or dangerous driving.
9) More people are killed by cars than gun crime.
In closing, removing cars from our roads and turning them into cycle paths would keep pedestrians and cyclists safe and happy while removing dangerous street racing and drunk driving. and we petition our Government to make it so.
Do you support or oppose this petition?
comments powered by Disqus