Bicycle s to be covered in detail by new extension to Road Traffic Act
1) Bicycles should be registered in a similar way to motorcycles so that those who break the road traffic act regulations may be identified. The same number should be stamped into the frame and a registration document issued at the cycle owners cost.
2) A yearly safety inspection like an MOT will be mandatory. The inspection details will be entered on a central database by the inspecting mechanic.
3) Third party insurance will be carried. Likewise a central database will be used to determine validity of insurance as per motor vehicles.
4) Where facilities such as cycle paths and cycle lanes exist their use will be compulsory.
5) A licence based on a highway code theory test will be a requirement to ride on public roads. Existing full licence holders for any vehicle automatically are allowed this category.
6) Children younger than 10 years MUST be accompanied by an adult of 18 years or over holding valid insurance cover for both himself and the children.
Do you support or oppose this petition?
comments powered by Disqus