BOYCOTT Russia World Cup 2018
We the undersigned are appalled by Russia's human rights and diplomatic record:
- The pushing of homosexuals into second class citizen status.
- The continued oppression of freedom of speech groups like Pussy Riot.
- The illegal annexation of Crimea without a fair referendum, contradicting all modern international conventions.
- The unnecessary hardship placed on the 'Arctic 30' Greenpeace protesters.
- The recurring racist chanting at various international football matches.
We wish to uphold the key values of sport, particularly those of tolerance and freedom of speech.
Therefore, we ask that the United Kingdom formally boycotts the 2018 Russia Football World Cup in a stand against Russia and these issues, so as to encourage the progress of international cooperation and the correct implementation of human rights.
Do you support or oppose this petition?
comments powered by Disqus