Build more social housing in North Wales
There is currently a massive shortage of social housing available across North Wales with waiting lists bursting at the seams as families suffering from the effects of the current financial climate are being priced out of the private rental market with ever increasing rental prices, huge deposits and restrictions on acceptance. People are forced into social housing where demand is far above the amount of available properties.
1. more social housing needs to be built
2. government funded LHA's need to readdress their acceptance policies
3. private landlords and letting agencies must be lobbied to accept applicant's in reciept of benefits, lower their deposits or make them payable over a period of time instead of up-front and rents need to be lowered or the government needs to increase the amount of housing benefit in line with current rental prices
This e-petition has been rejected with the following reason given:
E-petitions cannot be used to request action on issues that are outside the responsibility of the government. This includes:
- party political material
- commercial endorsements including the promotion of any product, service or publication
- issues that are dealt with by devolved bodies, eg The Scottish Parliament
- correspondence on personal issues
E-petitions cannot be used for freedom of information requests.
Do you support or oppose this petition?
comments powered by Disqus