Child Protection & The Education System
As individuals, parents and families in today’s society, we have a duty to protect, safeguard and nurture young children within our community. Central to this concept lies the heart of the education system. However, one may question how an evil, manipulative and depraved sexual predator, also a trusted teacher, was able to abuse his position for years by continuing to molester children at the primary school in which he worked.
I propose that the UK Government enact laws at once to protect all young children in education from any future harm by;
(1) including "general child-protection awareness" classes in the national curriculum for nursery and primary school students throughout the UK; and
(2) putting further screening mechanisms and spot-checks in place for all existing and prospective staff members working with young children.
This e-petition has been rejected with the following reason given:
E-petitions cannot be used to request action on issues that are outside the responsibility of the government. This includes:
- party political material
- commercial endorsements including the promotion of any product, service or publication
- issues that are dealt with by devolved bodies, eg The Scottish Parliament
- correspondence on personal issues
E-petitions cannot be used for freedom of information requests.
Do you support or oppose this petition?
comments powered by Disqus