Combating dangerous and law-breaking cyclists
1. Cycling on pavements, ignoring red traffic lights & pedestrian crossings, riding bikes at night without lights are all illegal.
2. The growing No. of cyclists comes at the price of a significant number of people who flagrantly ignore the law, thus endangering other road users and especially pedestrians.
3. The ability of the police and PCSOs to enforce the law are limited by both being hugely outnumbered and the lack of traceability of offenders.
Working Jointly with DoT
1. [HO] Warranted police and PCSOs to impound offenders' cycles, along similar lines applying to uninsured motor vehicles.
2. [HO] Equip some PCSOs with bicycles for enforcement purposes, along similar lines of police traffic patrols.
3. [DoT] Mandatory registration and plating of qualifying cycles (built for use by riders of criminal responsibility age) along similar lines to those applying to motor vehicles.
4. [DoT] Mandatory third party qualifying cycle insurance.
Do you support or oppose this petition?
comments powered by Disqus