For Ministers of Parliament to be paid the 2015 Budget Living wage per hour
The commonly held belief is that Ministers are out of touch with society and don't realize the true cost of living, it would be great for a whole year remove the salary they are given and replace with the proposed "Living Wage" from the 2015 budget on the hourly basis most Brits will live on.
This petition proposes
- to remove MPs ability to access expenses and renumeration except for long distance travel and overnight accommodation.
- to make politics a Public service and not a get rich quick scheme.
- to remove the right for MPs to decide their own annual salary
- to show MPs to the true cost of living
This petition has been rejected
Petitions cannot be used to request action on issues that are outside the responsibility of the government. This includes:
- party political material
- commercial endorsements including the promotion of any product, service or publication
- issues that are dealt with by devolved bodies, eg The Scottish Parliament
- correspondence on personal issues
Petitions cannot be used for freedom of information requests.
The Government and Parliament don’t have the power to set MPs’ pay. That power was given by Parliament to the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (IPSA) in 2010, so that after 2012 MPs no longer had control over their own pay. IPSA conducted a public consultation after 2012 and decided what the salaries of MPs should be after the election. IPSA also oversees and regulates MPs’ business costs and expenses. If you would like to contact IPSA with your suggestions, here’s how to contact them: http://parliamentarystandards.org.uk/About%20Us/Pages/Contact-Us.aspx
Do you support or oppose this petition?
comments powered by Disqus