House rental reform
I feel that housing tenants are have very poor protection from unscrupulous landlords and estate agents.
Prospective tenants are often disciminated against by landlords and estate agents who may have a less than perfect credit history.
I would like the following points to be debated
* Landlords and estate agents place to many barriers in the form of credit checks etc to prevent prospective tenants from renting a property
* Estate agents should only charge an administration fee upon approval.
* There is no protection for tenants when a landlord defaults on a mortgage.
* People are unfairly discriminated against who are either self employed or claim housing benifit
* Insurance companies should not require tenants to have a good credit history when insuring against tenant defaults.
* The tenancy deposit scheme needs better enforcement
* The industry needs regulating
* Landlords require better protection against bad tenants
Do you support or oppose this petition?
comments powered by Disqus
Currently ranked 20,902 out of 103,835 petitions ever created.
Thursday 4 August 2011
Wednesday 8 August 2012