Justice for fracking protester Sean O'Donnell
Protester Sean O'Donnell recently recorded himself being brutally beaten, the results of which can be shown here:
Sean has suffered a broken foot, broken ribs and a disfigured face.
When Sean's lawyer attempted to visit him in hospital, he was assaulted and insulted.
We demand the following:
1) Immediate investigation into the Greater Manchester Police Force to determine extent of brutality present.
2) Find and charge the officer's involved in holding Sean down and smashing his face into hard tarmac.
3) The dismissal of the present Chief Inspector.
4) The dismissal of the officer's involved in obstructing justice by assaulting Sean's lawyer.
That this was done on camera is a demonstration that the police are sending open messages of fear to nonviolent protesters. This cannot be tolerated in a modern democracy.
This e-petition has been rejected with the following reason given:
E-petitions cannot be used to request action on issues that are outside the responsibility of the government. This includes:
- party political material
- commercial endorsements including the promotion of any product, service or publication
- issues that are dealt with by devolved bodies, eg The Scottish Parliament
- correspondence on personal issues
E-petitions cannot be used for freedom of information requests.
The following explanatory notes have been added:
This is a matter for the IPCC and the police force involved.
Do you support or oppose this petition?
comments powered by Disqus