Means test job seekers allowance to those living with parents, as you would with unmarried couples.

I don't believe it's fair that those on job seekers allowance living with parents get the full amount with to means test at all. Whereas unmarried couples (who have to make joint claim even if only one if unemployed) not necessarily living on their own in a home are means tested so if one is working but the other not the one employed has to fund the other.

So I believe those living with parents should have their household means tested and benefit adjusted accordingly.

You can't sign this petition because it has now closed. But you can still give your opinion on it here at!

Do you support or oppose this petition?

comments powered by Disqus



Currently ranked 41,407 out of 107,810 petitions ever created.

Diversity index: 100%



Created By

james jukes

Created On

Thursday 25 August 2011

Closing Date

Saturday 25 August 2012

Tagged With