Members of Parliament to represent British Overseas Territories

British Overseas Territories should be given a seat in the House of Commons.

Their voices have been dangerously muted in the United Kingdom and they should be allowed to elect their own ‘MP for the Territories’.

An example to follow is that of France, which reserves seats in both of its houses of Parliament for dependencies including Reunion, Guadeloupe and French Polynesia.

The territories have shown us loyalty: isn’t it about time we reciprocated?

There are 14 overseas territories – parts of our former empire that have not acquired independence or have voted to stay British, these territories include:

Collectively, the territories have a population of 260,000 people and a land area of approximately 667,000 square miles.

Give the Crown dependencies a House of Commons seat, so that their voice can be heard in Parliament.

You can't sign this petition because it has now closed. But you can still give your opinion on it here at!

Do you support or oppose this petition?

comments powered by Disqus



Currently ranked 17,900 out of 108,901 petitions ever created.

Diversity index: 100%



Created By

Jason Galbraith

Created On

Wednesday 22 May 2013

Closing Date

Saturday 24 May 2014

Tagged With