Save Warren Farm, a metropolitan green public open space, from being sold by Ealing Council for commercial development
Save Warren Farm, one of Ealings' remaining public Metropolitan Open Land and Community Sports Grounds. Local, borough wide residents and others currently can enjoy the daily benefits of sporting activities, playing and relaxing on the Land just as it was intended. It is now being sold for a fraction of its true commercial value.
• Loss of public Open Space
• Loss of Sporting facilities and types of sports now available
• Loss of Sporting Hours
• Inappropriate mega structure not available for community & loss of view
• Children told they can no longer use the space
• No community benefits confirmed
• the site will be surrounded by 8 foot high security fencing with access controlled by the lessee
Many people believe Ealing’s decision to lease Warren Farm for 200 years, at a peppercorn rent, to an organisation for its own commercial headquarters is unlawful. None of the land will be freely accessible to the public;
I call on the government to refuse the sale.
This e-petition has been rejected with the following reason given:
E-petitions cannot be used to request action on issues that are outside the responsibility of the government. This includes:
- party political material
- commercial endorsements including the promotion of any product, service or publication
- issues that are dealt with by devolved bodies, eg The Scottish Parliament
- correspondence on personal issues
E-petitions cannot be used for freedom of information requests.
The following explanatory notes have been added:
for the Council to decide on. Perhaps contact your MP about this?
Do you support or oppose this petition?
comments powered by Disqus