Stop Greenbelt development in Send, Send Marsh & Burnt Common, Surrey
We object in the strongest possible terms to the Council’s stance on the declassification of large areas of Green Belt in and around the borough and, in particular, the proposed 2,200-odd houses earmarked for Send and Send Marsh.
Our primary reasons are as follows:-
● it will result in urban sprawl which is precisely what establishment of the Green Belt was designed to protect
● there is insufficient infrastructure to support such massive development
● local schools are at capacity now
● roads are at a standstill at peak times already and building on this scale will add hundreds more vehicles
● the villages of Send, Send Marsh, Burnt Common will completely lose their identities
● there are problems of flooding at the proposed site next to Aldertons
Contrary to what a few Borough and Parish councillors have been suggesting at various local meetings, the groundswell of local residents’ opinion is totally against the loss of Green Belt.
Do you support or oppose this petition?
comments powered by Disqus
Currently ranked 42,929 out of 111,867 petitions ever created.
Monday 25 November 2013
Sunday 2 March 2014