Stop video games publishers forcing us to pay extra for games that we have already bought
We, the undersigned, call on the government to act in the public interest and stop video games publishers forcing us to pay extra money to play games we have already bought.
1) It is unacceptable for publishers to withhold parts of a game that is on the disk, that we must pay extra to have access to, after we have bought the game.
2) It is unacceptable for publishers to force people to pay to either play in multiplayer or single player modes if a game has been bought second hand.
The publishers already have the money when the game is bought, and we do not believe that we should be forced to pay more money to play what we legally own. It is extortion, morally wrong, and we urge the government to take action to stop video games publishers trying to take advantage of people.
This e-petition has been rejected with the following reason given:
E-petitions cannot be used to request action on issues that are outside the responsibility of the government. This includes:
- party political material
- commercial endorsements including the promotion of any product, service or publication
- issues that are dealt with by devolved bodies, eg The Scottish Parliament
- correspondence on personal issues
E-petitions cannot be used for freedom of information requests.
Do you support or oppose this petition?
comments powered by Disqus