Tony Benn's 'Commonwealth of Britain Bill'
In honour of the late Anthony Neil Wedgwood "Tony" Benn, we the undersigned request a parliamentary debate on modernising the Westminster system as detailed in The Commonwealth of Britain Bill 1991. This includes, but is not limited to,
- The disestablishment of the Church of England
- Ending the constitutional status of the royal house
- A head of state elected by both houses of parliament
- An elected second chamber
- A written constitution
- Equal numbers of male and female representatives in both chambers of parliament
We believe these reforms to be essential to a modern democratic system, all of which are long overdue.
Do you support or oppose this petition?
comments powered by Disqus