Bring Back National Service
Legislate a mandatory 2-year period of Armed Forces Service for all males and females leaving full-time education. This will deliver the following benefits:
1. Bolster the armed forces, assisting in offsetting personnel reductions by performing national duties.
2. Provide a correct and proper psychological framework for young people entering adult independence.
3. Reduce youth obesity, improve health and health education, and reduce demands on the NHS.
4. Provide direction, sense of purpose, positive values and self-worth to those less privileged in childhood.
5. Deliver mentally and physically strong, disciplined, motivated and respectful individuals into society.
6. Support teachers by focussing students' minds on obligations once their schooling has completed.
7. Encourage employers to retain existing staff longer.
8. Reduce youth crime and promote a culture of trust in young people.
9. Enhance Britain's image among its neighbours.
10. Augment the 'Big Society' vision.
This e-petition has been rejected with the following reason given:
There is already an e-petition about this issue.
Do you support or oppose this petition?
comments powered by Disqus