Leadership Debate on Climate Change
In September 2013 the Intergovernmental panel on Climate Change (IPCC) reported that:
- Warming of the climate system is unequivocal.
- Human influence on the climate system is clear.
- Global surface temperature change for the end of the 21st century is likely to exceed 1.5 degrees C.
- Glabal mean sea level will continue to rise during the 21st century.
- Limiting climate change will require substantial and sustained reductions of greenhouse gas emissions.
We call on the leaders of all political parties to hold a televised public discussion and debate, at which they can set out how their party proposes to respond to the IPCC report.
Do you support or oppose this petition?
comments powered by Disqus