Lower/Change Car Insurance For 17 - 24 Year Olds.
I am seventeen years old and current learning to drive, recently I've tried to insure a car that is not worth more than £600 and it came to around £15,000 annually once I have passed. I myself cannot afford this neither can my parents. I'm sure I'm not the only young driver that has not come across this problem. I have set up this petition to see if something can be done, to lower the insurance to something more affordable, I can understand why young drivers do not bother to insure their cars. These are my suggestions;
• Once you have passed your test you have to send in your practical pass certificate and then insurers can make a decision then with your minors and faults on the insurance cost.
• Or use the existing idea of placing this trackers in our cars and start the insurance off at £2,000 and then go up every couple of months or year if you are accelerating harshly or braking harshly.
This e-petition has been rejected with the following reason given:
E-petitions cannot be used to request action on issues that are outside the responsibility of the government. This includes:
- party political material
- commercial endorsements including the promotion of any product, service or publication
- issues that are dealt with by devolved bodies, eg The Scottish Parliament
- correspondence on personal issues
E-petitions cannot be used for freedom of information requests.
Do you support or oppose this petition?
comments powered by Disqus
Saturday 30 March 2013