Musicians Against Miming
Musicians Against Miming aims to pass a UK law that live music should be live and not faked. If it is mimed then it should be advertised as such.
- Miming is an insult to professional musicians who spend years perfecting their art.
- More jobs would be created for session musicians, sound engineers and stage crew.
- The emphasis would be more on the music rather than the aesthetics.
- The audience would no longer be deceived.
Some musicians emphasise shows with exhausting dance routines and flawless performances. It is impossible for a singer to extensively dance and sing so they mime and deceive the audience in believing that such a feat is achievable.
Backing tracks are also used to boost the overall sound. Where is the line drawn when extra musicians could be hired instead?
Some TV shows still hire session musicians to mime to a backing track. This can include the lead singer.
Hiring quality musicians based on talent rather than aesthetics is more important.
This e-petition has been rejected with the following reason given:
E-petitions cannot be used to request action on issues that are outside the responsibility of the government. This includes:
- party political material
- commercial endorsements including the promotion of any product, service or publication
- issues that are dealt with by devolved bodies, eg The Scottish Parliament
- correspondence on personal issues
E-petitions cannot be used for freedom of information requests.
Do you support or oppose this petition?
comments powered by Disqus