Showing page 13 of 24
Less than 5% of accepted petitions get 1,000 or more signatures. Reaching this number is an achievement to be proud of. At least,
it is if you haven't got here simply by getting all the members of your club or union to vote for it.
« Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next »
Showing page 13 of 24
- Reinstate the personal income tax allowance for people earning over £100,000pa.
The current system introduced by the last Labour government imposes a marginal income tax rate of 60% up to a current income level of £121,200pa, plus 2% NI, leaving the worker with only 38% of this slice of income. [...]
Close Date: Tuesday 12 April 2016,
- TELL US WHAT'S IN THE SECRET RISK REGISTER ABOUT THE NEW HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE BILL!
The Information Tribunal has already told the Government that they must reveal the details of the Risk Register held about the Health and social Care Bill now under discussion in Parliament. The Government has refused, and is now appealing, hoping to [...]
Close Date: Monday 16 April 2012,
- Think again on unfair Granny Tax on pensions
We the undersigned oppose the Tory-led Government’s decision, announced in Budget 2012, to freeze age related allowances and restrict them to existing recipients, at the same time as cutting the 50p tax rate and giving 14,000 millionaires a tax cut [...]
Close Date: Tuesday 26 March 2013,
- Keep the EU's environmental protection laws for the UK.
“One just hopes that collaboration on these issues, conservation issues, will transcend political divisions” Sir David Attenborough [...]
Close Date: Friday 6 January 2017,
- Arctic Convoys, world war 2
That the Government issue a medal for all those members of the Armed forces and the Merchant Navy involved in the Arctic Convoys during the second World War.
Close Date: Wednesday 15 August 2012,
- Make changes to pip assessment for MS to be carried out by neurological person's
The pip assessment's being carried out by unqualified neurological nurse's or doctor's leave MS suffers at a disadvantage. As they do not take into account the hidden symptoms of fatigue and pain we all suffer from on a daily basis. [...]
Close Date: Monday 21 March 2016,
- Expert nursing care for for people at home
• District nursing services are in decline.
Close Date: Friday 22 February 2013,
- That the government makes it a legal requirement that any person supervising, covering and teaching classes in England must hold QTS.
There is an urgent need for the Department of Education to introduce new legislation or an amendment, making it a illegal for schools and academies to use people without qualified teacher status to cover, supervise or teach classes in England. [...]
Close Date: Saturday 25 August 2012,
- Advertising Standards Authority Ltd Investigation as Non-Govt. Regulator of Advertising
We call for investigation of the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) Limited, non-govt regulator of advertising to include: legal basis of authority; public perception of legal status; independence; transparency; competence to rule on technical [...]
Close Date: Tuesday 16 December 2014,
- Stop implementation of European Directive on Herbal Medicines
The Traditional Herbal Medicinal Products Directive (THMPD) by the European Union entered into force on 30 April 2011. This Directive effectively bans perfectly safe herbal medicines taking away the public’s freedom to choose the treatment they [...]
Close Date: Saturday 18 August 2012,
- Protect The Human Rights Act
These are the main articles from the European Convention of Human Rights, which must be retained in British Law
Close Date: Tuesday 4 March 2014,
- Improve the Transition From CAMHS to Adult Mental Health Services
Some CAMHS services stop offering help at 16, others at 18. This means that young people must use adult MH services. [...]
Close Date: Wednesday 8 June 2016,
- Stop the illegal air strikes in Syria. This was not voted for nor sanctioned.
Step back in time and remember the times Tony Blair claimed there was weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and Iran. How ever searches were carried out in Iraq and Iran but they didn't find the weapons. As to my knowledge it was to steal oil no [...]
Close Date: Friday 29 January 2016,
- National Allotments Strategy
In keeping with the governments policy of "The Big Society" we call on government to introduce and implement a new National Allotment Strategy for the UK.
Close Date: Saturday 18 January 2014,
- HMS EDINBURGH TO BE KEPT AS A TOURIST ATTRACTION IN LEITH DOCKS, BESIDE ROYAL YACHT BRITANNIA.
We, the undersigned wish, HMS EDINBURGH be berthed permanently in Leith Docks, once decommissioned. Royal Yacht Britannia and HMS EDINBURGH would, help generate employment and, boost tourism. This would be an investment of Historical value against, [...]
Close Date: Friday 28 February 2014,
- Ban youth rates and have a blanket minimum wage for all age groups.
I want the government to take action to support young people in this country. I do not believe that workers should be discriminated on the basis of age, everyone should be played the same. This is not too much to ask in what is one of the richest [...]
Close Date: Thursday 21 January 2016,
- Ban the Slaughter of Dartmoor Hill Ponies for Meat for Human Consumption
Dartmoor Hill Ponies are now being slaughtered for meat for human consumption. We call on the Government to halt the scheme which is both promoting moorland ponies as a meat product and also supplying the market. The Government must enforce effective [...]
Close Date: Tuesday 4 October 2016,
- Legislate to make Tax Avoidance ILLEGAL
We ask government to introduce Tax Avoidance legislation to make the practice unlawful.
Close Date: Friday 9 May 2014,
- Create a public race track similar to the Nurburgring in Germany in a deprived area of the UK.
The Nurburgring in Germany has been a roaring success for the region. Tourists come from far and wide to do a lap or two of the famous public racetrack. We propose that a similar road be opened in a deprived area in need of rejuvenation. This would [...]
Close Date: Wednesday 17 October 2012,
- We want government to start consultation on the future of Sure Start Centres.
During the 2014 election David Cameron made a commitment that his government would not close any Sure Start Centres but they would look at starting a consultation process as to its future. We want the government to start consultation ASAP as centres [...]
Close Date: Saturday 3 December 2016,
- Only the UK Government can end the Dog epidemic we have in the UK.
Only the Government making changes will prevent many thousands of healthy dogs being put too sleep for no reason other than no one wants them or can take them in. [...]
Close Date: Thursday 6 October 2016,
- Keep A&E services at Telford's PRH. A reduction of services is not acceptable.
Shropshire is currently serviced by 2 A&E departments, the PRH being one of them. Telford & Wrekin borough is a highly populated area and with plans for this to grow further. It requires an up to date hospital with A&E services to ensure the health [...]
Close Date: Thursday 4 February 2016,
- Save Falklands Veteran HMS Plymouth
HMS Plymouth is the last surviving warship from the Falklands Conflict in 1982 and she is currently under threat of being scrapped. Various schemes to save her have come to nothing, mainly down to berthing restrictions or unsuitable arrangements. [...]
Close Date: Wednesday 3 April 2013,
- Save HMS President 1918
HMS President Preservation Trust, the charity that owns HMS President 1918, London's last remaining World War One ship, and one of only three left has been refused Lottery funding of £330,000 to secure its future and may result in her being [...]
Close Date: Saturday 4 February 2017,
- local government cabinet system
In the year 2000, Tony Blair's government introduced a new Local Government Act. This Act had the effect of focusing far too much power in the hands of a Council Leader and a few of his hand picked colleagues. The practice, know as the Cabinet [...]
Close Date: Saturday 10 January 2015,
- Stop NHS funding abortion.
91% of all UK abortions are funded by the NHS, which in turn is funded by British Taxpayers. [...]
Close Date: Thursday 21 July 2016,
- The ban of ecollars, prong collars & choke chains on dogs
Calling for the ban of the sale and use of E-collars, prong collars & choke chains on dogs. [...]
Close Date: Thursday 29 May 2014,
- funding for reseach for a cure for Duchenne
WHAT IS DUCHENNE?
Close Date: Wednesday 28 August 2013,
- Protect children’s rights to a proper education
I urge you to take action to ensure:
Close Date: Friday 28 February 2014,
- Make telephone sales cold calling illegal
Make the practice of cold sales calling to any UK telephone number (landline or mobile) illegal, whether it be by a real person or an automated dialling system. [...]
Close Date: Sunday 12 August 2012,
- Restore Full Trade Union Rights to the Prison Officers' Association
The Prison Officers' Association has been denied full trade union rights for a number of years now. The International Labour Organisation criticised the previous government for failing to put in place alternative mechanisms for pay bargaining and [...]
Close Date: Friday 23 March 2012,
- Stop Removal of Royal Crest from British Birth Certificates in Favour of EU Flag
Stop the removal of the Royal Crest on British Birth Certificates NOW! The British Monarchist Society wants the Government to keep the Royal Crest on all British Birth Certificates, which has been stamped on British Birth Certificates since records [...]
Close Date: Wednesday 22 July 2015,
- Improve safety legislation for coaches so no more children get injured
Two years ago our son almost died when he fell out of a faulty door on a coach at 60 mph. It has highlighted to us that safety legislation is only applied to newer coaches and operators can hide the age of coaches behind private plates. This is a [...]
Close Date: Thursday 2 February 2017,
- Make illegal the slaughter of pregnant cows.
More than 150,000 pregnant cows are sent to slaughter each year in the UK. At least 40,000 of these cows are in the last stages of their pregnancy and are bearing calves capable of independent life. Approximately 90% of the cows are dairy cows. The [...]
Close Date: Monday 8 August 2016,
- Require a by-election if rules on election expenses are broken
Parliament should change the law so that a by-election is automatically triggered if the financial rules on electoral expenses are proved to have been broken. Without a by-election in these cases, the legitimacy of the MP's seat is questionable. [...]
Close Date: Saturday 29 October 2016,
- To change the decision of the ECO having rejected an export licence.
North East subsea engineering company SMD are unable to accept their biggest order to date due to the rejection of an export license by the Export Control Organisation. The company has now announced 70 to 80 redundancies which could significantly [...]
Close Date: Thursday 2 June 2016,
- Water safety to be taught as part of the national curriculum age appropriate.
Our loved ones need to understand the dangers in & around open water. The effects cold water can have on the body, The difference between a pool that is sanitized temperature controlled & lifeguarded, To bodies of open water such as quarries, lakes, [...]
Close Date: Saturday 17 September 2016,
- Scan all babies at birth for Hip Dysplasia
Hip Dysplasia, is the medical term for instability, or looseness, of the hip joint. Approximately 1 in 20 full-term babies has some hip instability. 2-3% will require treatment. Persistent hip instability is a silent childhood condition that [...]
Close Date: Wednesday 16 April 2014,
- Give all Military Families ASTs instead of Service Licence to Occupy in SFAs
Military Service Families living in SFA do not have Tenancy Agreements so have minimal rights including No Right to Repair. Therefore they are forced to live in Sub-standard homes. They need the respect they deserve as part of the Armed Forces [...]
Close Date: Thursday 25 August 2016,
- Funding for Neuroblastoma Relapse
Neuroblastoma is an aggressive form of children's cancer. We are currently starting clincial trials within the UK for children who relapse. Children are been picked at random (Postcode lottery) and the rest have to raise between £80,000- £500,000 [...]
Close Date: Wednesday 27 November 2013,
- Make it a criminal offence for politicians to renege on election promises.
It is a crime to lie to HMRC. [...]
Close Date: Wednesday 27 April 2016,
- Ban General Public Sale and Use of Fireworks
Petition against the sale of, and the use of, fireworks by the general public.
Close Date: Thursday 6 November 2014,
- Make it illegal to harass those engaged in legal fieldsports.
For decades now those involved in legal fieldsports (hunting, shooting, fishing, trapping, etc.) have been subjected to a barrage of abuse, both verbally and more increasingly, physically by 'hunt saboteurs'. This harassment of those involved in [...]
Close Date: Wednesday 15 February 2017,
- City status for Luton
We the undersigned call upon the Government to recommend to Her Majesty The Queen that she confer the status of a City upon Luton as part of the Diamond Jubilee celebrations in 2012. The Love Luton Campaign has galvanised our community, bringing [...]
Close Date: Tuesday 6 March 2012,
- Not enforce physical assessment on Dla claimants if already in receipt of Dla
It's wrong to make people already in receipt of Dla have to reapply and have to go through assessment and medical assessment when they have already proved eligibility and have qualified and been in receipt of Dla for years just because you want to [...]
Close Date: Friday 23 September 2016,
- 21 Reasons to Re-Open the Birmingham Pub Bombings Inquiry
Re-open the Inquiry to a full investigation to establish the truth and identify and bring to justice the real perpetrators responsible for the worst outrage on British Mainland in respect of the memory of those who were slain. [...]
Close Date: Saturday 1 December 2012,
- STOP Female Genital Mutilation (FGM / ‘cutting’) in Britain
Some 24,000 children in Britain are at risk annually of female genital mutilation (FGM or ‘cutting’) – 50+ girls and babies every day, or 2+ every hour.
Close Date: Tuesday 25 June 2013,
- Stop Thameslink/Wimbledon loop terminating at Blackfriars
We want the Department for Transport, Rail Minister Theresa Villiers and Wimbledon loop MPs to whole heartedly reject proposals that Thameslink/Wimbledon loop trains should terminate at Blackfriars, rather than continuing through central London.
Close Date: Friday 9 August 2013,
- To reconsider the decision on the Lower Thames Crossing Option C - Gravesham.
The UK Government via the Highways Agency has recently announced that the preferred route for the Lower Thames Crossing is Option C. This option will adversely affect the quality of life for many Gravesham residents, as well as the huge environmental [...]
Close Date: Friday 29 July 2016,
- The Last Post bugle call must not be rearranged for First World War commemorations.
We, the undersigned, call upon Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, The Rt Hon Mr Eric Pickles MP to abandon plans for the rearrangement of the bugle call Last Post in a project to use music and songs from World War 1 to [...]
Close Date: Sunday 27 July 2014,
- Halt fracking related activity within the UK and let people's voices be heard.
Fracking is the process of injecting liquid at high pressure into subterranean rocks, boreholes, etc. so as to force open existing fissures and extract oil or gas. We want all fracking related activity to halt within the UK until public opinion on [...]
Close Date: Saturday 27 February 2016,
- Central funding for a structured education programme meeting NICE guidelines for diabetics can save the government money & improve quality of life.
We are campaigning for the central funding of a national structured education programme for diabetics. We believe that a properly funded programme would ensure that the highest common denominator applies to the treatment of diabetic patients. The [...]
Close Date: Friday 8 November 2013,
- Free Medical and Dental treatment for Service Veterans
I would like to put forward that all Service Veterans should be entitled to free prescriptions and dental care for the remainder of their lives.
Close Date: Friday 8 May 2015,
- Give every NHS nurse at least a 1 per cent pay increase
We are urging the government to reconsider its decision to withhold the 1 per cent annual pay rise next year to nurses who are due to receive incremental pay rises.
Close Date: Wednesday 17 September 2014,
- Use of Infliximab for treatment of Ulcerative Colitis
Reverse the decision of only allowing/funding 3 rescue therapy doses of Infliximab for the treatment of Ulcerative Colitis in severely active cases (TA163 of NICE) & allow it to be used for maintenance of remission & control of this chronic illness. [...]
Close Date: Friday 29 May 2015,
- Divert part of the foreign aid budget to help flood victims in Cumbria
The foreign aid budget is over 10 billion pounds. Surely the government can divert some of that to aid the people affected by the floods? [...]
Close Date: Saturday 11 June 2016,
- Stop the EU taking away right to use Red Diesel from leisure boaters on the Inland Waterways.
We want the British Government to stand up for the British People and over-rule the EU over the attempt to stop boaters on Britain's Canal and Inland Waterways network lawfully using Red Diesel. Ultimately we want the right to use Red Diesel for [...]
Close Date: Wednesday 9 October 2013,
- STOP THE BUILDING ON LONG MARSTON AIRFIELD
This petition is being set up in opposition of and to stop the building of even more homes in our village area this time using the much loved used and loved Long Marston Airfield. The building of homes on and loss of this site would not only have a [...]
Close Date: Wednesday 18 March 2015,
- mothers refusing access to fathers with no safeguarding issues should be illegal
a lot of fathers Can't afford to go to court to fight for their children as well as pay for every day living and child support, so more and more children are growing up without their fathers. Fathers are supposed to be equal but in reality if mother [...]
Close Date: Friday 12 February 2016,
- Make English and Welsh waterways a public right of way
Currently if you'd like to enjoy English and Welsh waterways you're likely to be accused of trespassing because the bed and banks of rivers and canals are privately owned, unlike Scotland/the rest of the world. [...]
Close Date: Monday 29 August 2016,
- Increase carers earning limit
I received a letter from DWP saying I can earn £110 a week before my carers allowance is affected,how is this fair?With the new min wage at £7.20 ph working 16hours a week is £115.20 weekly,this means my carers allowance will stop. Please increase [...]
Close Date: Thursday 6 October 2016,
- Mandatory course/examination on food & drink for allergies & intolerances
My wife recently found out she was a Coeliac and I am allergic to nuts, as a chef I can’t believe the amount of chefs and catering staff that have no idea what these intolerance, allergies and illnesses are and how they can affect people. [...]
Close Date: Friday 6 January 2017,
- Free British citizenship for all commonwealth soldiers and veterans
I am a South African, living in the uk, and think it's a disgrace, that I have to pay my way to get British citizenship. I have fought for the queen in Afghanistan yet I have to now pay, to live in the county I fought for! [...]
Close Date: Thursday 29 December 2016,
- Make it a Criminal Offence to Impersonate a Regular, Reservist, TA or Veteran UK Armed Forces Soldier
It should be made a Criminal Offence to impersonate a past or present member of the UK Armed Forces.
Close Date: Friday 28 November 2014,
- Kingston Communications Limited Hull (Karoo)
We would like the goverment to look into why no other internet providers come into Hull
Close Date: Wednesday 10 September 2014,
- End the ISA AIM share ban
The ban on AIM-listed shares being held within a self-select ISA deprives Britain's small and medium enterprises of a substantial source of capital - the private investor.
Close Date: Thursday 13 September 2012,
- Private providers of public services to be subject to Freedom of Information Act
Public bodies are subject to the provisions of the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act, so that the public can access information surrounding decisions and plans, and can hold those making the plans to account for them.
Close Date: Wednesday 18 September 2013,
- 1 in 6 are disabled. Regulate the fashion industry & apply same ratio for models
We are 4 disabled women addressing exclusion of disability in Fashion.1 in 6 people are disabled = not represented. [...]
Close Date: Wednesday 23 March 2016,
- Government to review PIP
The impact this has had on me, the mother of a daughter with a 26 year disability. Having gone through this assessment and been turned down it has opened my eyes to all those other people suffering the same indignities. Those not strong enough to [...]
Close Date: Friday 12 August 2016,
- Petition to prevent an ecological disaster to wildlife caused by the Otter (lutra lutra).
The illegal release of otters is posing a potentially disastrous threat to Britain’s wildlife. On waterways otters are destroying fish stocks costing millions of pounds and taking many years to establish. These hand-reared predators have no fear of [...]
Close Date: Wednesday 16 January 2013,
- We the undersigned believe that the United Kingdom needs a new National Anthem.
We accept that the current National Anthem 'God Save the Queen' can remain a personal Anthem for Her Majesty the Queen but it fails to unify us as a Nation and is no longer fit for purpose. [...]
Close Date: Friday 18 March 2016,
- We the British Public Demand the Right to Fly to Sharm el Sheikh
We as British citizens demand the flight restrictions are removed from all UK flights to Sharm El Sheikh. We are willing to travel and have flights and holidays booked. [...]
Close Date: Wednesday 18 May 2016,
- create allocated overnight parking areas for motorhomes & campers across the uk
to allow motorhomes and campervans to park safely overnight in properly designated areas across the uk. [...]
Close Date: Thursday 1 January 1970,
- Allow subsidised MoD flights for family members to visit Falklands War Graves.
Widows and parents of British servicemen killed in the Falklands are required to pay the full fare of £2,200 to take chartered flights to visit their loved ones’ graves. This petition requests that the MoD allow family members full access to [...]
Close Date: Wednesday 28 December 2016,
- Let's close down Little Gossip - a website which encourages cyberbullying
Little Gossip is a US hosted website which enables people to make anonymous comments about others. Other users can then make comments as to whether they agree or disagree with the anonymous comments which have been made. It is widely used by students [...]
Close Date: Saturday 18 February 2012,
- Keep the history curriculum politically neutral
We strongly object to the government’s proposed new history curriculum and want it to be scrapped on the following grounds:
Close Date: Thursday 27 February 2014,
- amend the dangerous dogs act and end bsl
Under current legislation, many innocent dogs are seized each year simply because of the way they look.
Close Date: Thursday 22 November 2012,
- Homeless Soldiers - Make The Armed Forces Covenant Law
The government created the Armed Forces Covenant 4 years ago, to protect and help our ex service personnel, however it is still not Law.
Close Date: Monday 30 March 2015,
- Give unmarried widows equal rights in registering paternity of their children
Joana's long-term cohabiting partner and father to her child died suddenly three weeks before the birth of their second child. As they were unmarried, she was obliged to prove her child's parentage upon the father's death. It was a costly and lengthy [...]
Close Date: Sunday 4 September 2016,
- Birth and death certificates to be given to parents of stillborns from 21 weeks
This christmas and new year just gone has been a living nightmare for myself and friend lauren who I met having both lost our babies at 22 weeks. [...]
Close Date: Thursday 11 August 2016,
- Petition for the Government to Tackle Dog Breeding and Introduce a Responsible Breeder Programme
We call upon the Government to take action in tackling the prolific problem of abandoned dogs, overwhelmed rescue centres & countless dogs being euthanised for space.
Close Date: Wednesday 6 March 2013,
- Regulate the reselling of tickets by touts
Genuine fans are losing out to ticket touts who buy up large numbers of tickets to music, cultural and sporting events, then immediately resell them at many times the face value of the ticket.
Close Date: Thursday 4 December 2014,
- deport all foreign criminals and illegal immigrants.
foreign criminals and illegal immigrants should be deported and should not be eligible for benefit state benefits or be able to circumvent the law with human rights arguments imposed by the E.U. which know one has ever voted for. [...]
Close Date: Friday 10 August 2012,
- DEED not BREED Keep the Staffordshire Bull Terrier OFF the Dangerous Dpgs Act
Dogs are not responsible for their actions.
Close Date: Wednesday 16 April 2014,
- Treatment of Atypical Haemolytic Uremic Syndrome (aHUS)
We call on the Government to commission a national specialised service for the treatment of atypical haemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), fund treatment with complement inhibitors such as eculizumab, and ensure that these services and therapies are [...]
Close Date: Thursday 6 September 2012,
- No paupers funeral for our ex-service personnel
A funeral was recently arranged for an ex Royal Marine and because he had no family then he was going to go out on what is known as a paupers funeral. When the Department of Work and Pensions were called to ask about a contribution for payment, our [...]
Close Date: Sunday 30 March 2014,
- Remove restrictions on UK citizens returning with their spouse
Thousands of UK citizens currently living overseas with a non-EU spouse are being prevented from returning to the UK. Since recent immigration reforms enacted in 2012 there are now onerous restrictions on returning to the UK with a non-EU spouse.
Close Date: Tuesday 16 June 2015,
- Stop the alcohol industry from recruiting our kids
Alcohol is damaging the lives and futures of our children and young people. Research shows that alcohol marketing plays a significant role in encouraging young people to drink at an early age and in greater quantities. The current regulations are [...]
Close Date: Sunday 4 November 2012,
- Make teacher training on ADHD compulsory in schools
So many parents are fighting to get a diagnoses for their child and when they finally get a Adhd diagnoses schools don't know how to manage it or simply dont believe it. Schools need more training. Stop labelling our children naughty and learn about [...]
Close Date: Thursday 26 January 2017,
- Re-evaluate finance available based on cost of living for NHS funded students
The funds available for students on NHS funded courses need to be reassessed to reduce the amount of people leaving courses due to financial hardship. The combination of placement & university hours makes regular work impossible for Student Midwives [...]
Close Date: Tuesday 22 March 2016,
- Maternity rights for mothers of children born through surrogacy
We call on HM Government to give maternity rights to mothers of children born through surrogacy.
Close Date: Saturday 10 November 2012,
- Have an early referendum on the in/out of the EU by May 2016.
My discussion group is concerned that the government are dragging their feet on an early referendum on the EU before May 2016, we believe there is a massive groundswell of voters who want clear early action with no disinformation, which is rife on [...]
Close Date: Wednesday 27 January 2016,
- Make it law that dogs must be kept on leads around livestock
For the second time in two years I have spent the last few hours trying to find our sheep who have been worried by a loose dog, we have a dead lamb and some very poorly ewes, last year we lost 13 ewes who were ready to lamb, this is happening all [...]
Close Date: Saturday 8 October 2016,
- Reintroduce Tier 1 Post Study Work Visa for Non-EU students
The discontinuation of this visa affects thousands of students yearly after completing their studies in the UK. Many of us want to stay here after graduating but the difficulty in getting a visa to do so makes it almost impossible. Having this visa [...]
Close Date: Wednesday 7 September 2016,
- Cervical Cancer Awareness in memory of Natalie Poole
Due to the huge increase in young women now dying of cervical cancer due to the smear age being 25 i call for this to be lowered to a average age of 17. Cervical cancer can be treatable if cought in the early stages without early smear testing it is [...]
Close Date: Monday 30 March 2015,
- Exclude alkyl nitrates from the proposed Psychoactive Substances Bill
There is no evidence to suggest that in the vast majority of users poppers cause anything more than a short-lived head rush. Banning them will drive people to seek harmful alternatives. We call upon the government to exclude them from this Bill until [...]
Close Date: Wednesday 18 May 2016,
- Petition for the government to scrap some pharmacy universities.
Each year the average pharmacy salary has decreased and the workload increased fuelled by the oversupply of pharmacists and poor management of NHS funds. There are 27 pharmacy schools in the UK and next year there will be 28. [...]
Close Date: Sunday 7 February 2016,
- Ban supermarkets from packaging fruits and vegetables
Climate change is the single biggest threat to society. In addition, contamination by plastics has become a major issue with research saying that by 2050 there could be more plastics in the ocean than fish. A small, positive step would be to stop [...]
Close Date: Friday 7 October 2016,
- We call for an urgent review of the laws governing the sale of animals online
This is a fast growing market and is largely unmonitored and self regulated. Currently thousands of animals are being trafficked online each day without the same level of protection afforded to those animals sold via pet shops or other establishments [...]
Close Date: Friday 4 January 2013,
- Allow the use of small powered transportation such as 'hoverboards' on pavements
The Highways Act (1835) prohibits the use of powered vehicles on the pavement. Although this was a good idea at the time, preventing things such as steam powered traction engines from being used, it now stifles progress as harmless devices are [...]
Close Date: Friday 15 April 2016,
« Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next »