Submitted on Wednesday 17th August 2011
Rejected on Wednesday 21st June 2017
Current status: Rejected
Rejection code: duplicate (see below for details)
Bring Back National Service
Legislate a mandatory 2-year period of Armed Forces Service for all males and females leaving full-time education. This will deliver the following benefits:
1. Bolster the armed forces, assisting in offsetting personnel reductions by performing national duties.
2. Provide a correct and proper psychological framework for young people entering adult independence.
3. Reduce youth obesity, improve health and health education, and reduce demands the NHS.
4. Provide direction, sense of purpose, positive values and self-worth to those less privileged in childhood.
5. Deliver mentally and physically strong, disciplined, motivated and respectful individuals into society.
6. Support teachers by focussing students minds on their obligations once their schooling has completed.
7. Encourage employers to retain existing staff longer.
8. Reduce youth crime and promote a culture of trust in young people.
9. Enhance Britain's image among its neighbours.
10. Augment the 'Big Society' vision.
You can't sign this petition because it was rejected. But you can still comment on it here at Repetition.me!
The Government e-Petitions Team gave the following reason:
There's already a petition about this issue. We cannot accept a new petition when we already have one about a very similar issue.
You are more likely to get action on this issue if you sign and share a single petition.
184.108.40.206 Fri, 30 Oct 2020 20:15:55 +0000