Have your say on government e-petitions

County Court Judgements

Submitted on Wednesday 17th August 2011

Published on Wednesday 17th August 2011

Current status: Closed

Closed: Friday 17th August 2012

Signatures: 7

Tagged with


Petition Action

County Court Judgements

Additional Information

Currently, if you wish to recover money paid to a Private Parking Company, which was, for example, for an incorrectly attached vehicle clamp, the only recourse a driver has is to sue through the County Court System. Should the driver win and the clamper refuses to recompense then a County Court Judgement is issued.
Invariably the Clamping Company just ignores any CCJ issued to them and when they have an embarassingly large number of CCJ's they just close the company without the victim having recovered their money.
I would like the Ministry to look into making these Business CCJ's enforcible so that their victims are not without any means of redress.

You can't sign this petition because it is now closed. But you can still comment on it here at Repetition.me!

Have your say on this petition!

comments powered by Disqus

repetition.me is a Good Stuff website Tue, 16 Jul 2024 06:42:21 +0100