Have your say on government e-petitions

Reduce Council Tax for the elderly

Submitted on Thursday 18th August 2011

Published on Tuesday 30th August 2011

Current status: Closed

Closed: Thursday 30th August 2012

Signatures: 5

Tagged with

Council ~ council tax ~ Tax

Petition Action

Reduce Council Tax for the elderly

Additional Information

Council Tax should be reduced for the elderly, starting at age 60. The elderly make few demands on council services if still in their own homes. They may have lost their life partner but still only be entitled to a 25% reduction. Therefore, from age 60, give a 5% per year reduction, in addition to any single occupancy reduction. As a result, at age 65, a single elderly occupant would only pay 50%. In addition, remove consideration of savings/assets of less than £250,000 for housing benefit and reduce council tax by any housing benefit eligibility, whether or not housing benefit has actually been claimed by the householder.

You can't sign this petition because it is now closed. But you can still comment on it here at Repetition.me!

Have your say on this petition!

comments powered by Disqus

repetition.me is a Good Stuff website Wed, 24 Jul 2024 09:24:28 +0100