Submitted on Thursday 4th August 2011
Rejected on Wednesday 21st June 2017
Current status: Rejected
Rejection code: duplicate (see below for details)
Reduce the abortion limit / ban abortion with a view to changing the current legislation
The government should debate the following contentions:
1) Abortion violates the right to life: the right to determine when life begins equates with the right to life itself.
2) Current abortion legislation is discriminatory: it favors aborting the disabled.
3) All human genetic material is present from conception: the potential to develop as a human is there. A life in a precarious position is not less of a life.
4) The more proportionate response to the problem the legislation addresses is better designed social welfare and support for single mothers.
5) Abortion often results in significant psychological damage for the mother which is not reported (and for some cases there is scientific evidence that it causes physical pain to the foetus). There is a significant feminist argument against it. In any event it is not a debate about women's rights but about the right to life.
You can't sign this petition because it was rejected. But you can still comment on it here at Repetition.me!
The Government e-Petitions Team gave the following reason:
There's already a petition about this issue. We cannot accept a new petition when we already have one about a very similar issue.
You are more likely to get action on this issue if you sign and share a single petition.
Please see petitions "Abortion(Reform)Bill", "Reduce abortion from 24 weeks to 18 weeks" and "Reconsider the legality of abortion".
188.8.131.52 Wed, 02 Dec 2020 15:47:42 +0000