Submitted on Thursday 4th August 2011
Rejected on Wednesday 21st June 2017
Current status: Rejected
Rejection code: duplicate (see below for details)
Support for the UK to join the Euro (Currency)
The UK would be a stronger European contender and would strengthen our ability to conduct business globally if we joined the Euro, which would support the growth of jobs and trade in the UK.
- A saving of £4.5 billion in converting £ into a foreign currency,
- Saving conversion costs will mean competitive pricing with current European traders using the Euro
- A single and transparent currency will tempt more UK businesses to compete in mainland Europe,
- A single European market – without trading restrictions – should benefit the UK as we produce quality goods and services,
- UK will have more of a say in European trade policy: we will maintain most of our economic control measures.
Please sign to support this, as despite problems in the Eurozone at present, the UK's strength will give us more of a say in European issues and strengthen our economy if we joined the single currency.
You can't sign this petition because it was rejected. But you can still comment on it here at Repetition.me!
The Government e-Petitions Team gave the following reason:
There's already a petition about this issue. We cannot accept a new petition when we already have one about a very similar issue.
You are more likely to get action on this issue if you sign and share a single petition.
18.104.22.168 Wed, 02 Dec 2020 18:18:55 +0000