Submitted on Saturday 3rd December 2011
Rejected on Wednesday 21st June 2017
Current status: Rejected
Rejection code: duplicate (see below for details)
Clear the Air that I Breathe - Stop uncontrolled open air metal burning in scrapyards.
The metal recycling industry has been getting a free pass on air pollution.The practice of burning (oxyfuel cutting) scrap metal in the open air is being allowed near residential homes, putting residents Health at risk and damaging the Environment.
Metals are occasionally alloyed with beryllium, a highly toxic metal.Coatings can include arsenic.
Legislation to protect public health from air pollution of metal recyclers include:
• controlling all emissions from a scrap yard and foundry,
• enclosing all scrapping activities indoors,
• maintaining a negative pressure in the indoor facility to avoid pollution escaping,
• using two tiered ingress/egress, akin to an airlock,
• ensuring rules cover VOC’s and other gases, particulate emissions (metals, etc), and other chemicals,
• providing a Compliance Schedule,
• building in Air Monitoring, specifically at the fence-lines of facilities, and
• keeping detailed records that are open to public inspection.
You can't sign this petition because it was rejected. But you can still comment on it here at Repetition.me!
The Government e-Petitions Team gave the following reason:
There's already a petition about this issue. We cannot accept a new petition when we already have one about a very similar issue.
You are more likely to get action on this issue if you sign and share a single petition.
Removed at request of petitioner.
184.108.40.206 Sat, 13 Aug 2022 10:36:41 +0100