Submitted on Monday 23rd September 2019
Published on Monday 30th September 2019
Current status: Closed
Closed: Wednesday 6th November 2019
Break the Brexit deadlock through a two-question referendum.
Q1. Should the UK remain a member of the European Union or leave the EU?
Q2. If you have answered 'Leave' to Question 1, should the UK leave the EU with a deal or with no-deal?
The 'deal' would need to be defined. If a majority vote for 'leave' in Q1, Q2 defines the way the UK leaves the EU.
My proposed two-question solution would provide:
- clarity on what 'leave' means to the public
- the ability to vote on leaving or remaining in the EU now knowing this information
- the ability to define the method for leaving should it still be the nations preferred option upon knowing this information
The following questions do not represent the Leave and Remain sides of the debate properly:
- remain vs. a proposed deal
- remain vs. a proposed deal vs. no-deal
- a proposed deal vs. no deal
You can't sign this petition because it is now closed. But you can still comment on it here at Repetition.me!
220.127.116.11 Wed, 27 Jan 2021 19:32:10 +0000