Have your say on government e-petitions

Resident Permits for Immigrants

Submitted on Friday 29th July 2011

Published on Monday 8th August 2011

Current status: Closed

Closed: Wednesday 8th August 2012

Signatures: 18

Tagged with

Children ~ Citizens ~ Education ~ EU ~ EU citizens ~ month ~ UK

Petition Action

Resident Permits for Immigrants

Additional Information

The Gulf Countries (GCC) require expatriots wishing to work in those countries to have a responsible sponsor and a place of work before being awarded a Resident Permit renewable every two years. If the expat leaves the work, without securing another sponser and a new situation, they must leave the country within one month with the sponsor being responsible for the repatriation costs. The sponsor must pay for housing requirements, education of children, if any, and other than basic health services. It is my considered opinion that such a system should be evaluated by the Government for non EU citizens and introduced in the UK.

You can't sign this petition because it is now closed. But you can still comment on it here at Repetition.me!

Have your say on this petition!

comments powered by Disqus

repetition.me is a Good Stuff website Sun, 21 Apr 2024 00:52:08 +0100