Have your say on government e-petitions

Consider paying commission and bonus as part or furlough payment

Submitted by Michael Dobson on Saturday 28th March 2020

Published on Wednesday 15th April 2020

Current status: Closed

Closed: Thursday 15th October 2020

Signatures: 46

Relevant Departments

Tagged with

Citizens ~ Covid ~ Covid-19 ~ furlough ~ paying ~ Tax ~ UK ~ UK citizens ~ UK Government

Petition Action

Consider paying commission and bonus as part or furlough payment

Petition Details

Pay commission and bonus of furlough for those employed in sales as 80% of a monthly wage is made up of commission and bonus.

Additional Information

10s of 1000s of uk tax paying workers are employed in a sales role. The basic salary is very low and is usually makes up just 20% of the workers average monthly wage. The remaining 80% of the wage is made from bonus and commission. Under the current furlough guidelines commission and bonus are not included. The uk government are happy to tax on commission and bonus but not happy to include on furlough. This will leave 10s of 1000s of UK citizens in poverty.


You can't sign this petition because it is now closed. But you can still comment on it here at Repetition.me!

Have your say on this petition!

comments powered by Disqus

repetition.me is a Good Stuff website

35.170.78.142 Sat, 24 Oct 2020 15:26:59 +0100