Have your say on government e-petitions

Reduce ministerial salaries by 20% in solidarity with furloughed workers

Submitted by Charles Bridges on Thursday 16th April 2020

Published on Wednesday 8th July 2020

Current status: Closed

Closed: Friday 8th January 2021

Signatures: 62

Relevant Departments

Tagged with

Covid ~ Covid-19 ~ furlough ~ furlough scheme ~ Government ~ government ministers ~ Minister ~ Ministers ~ New Zealand ~ Solidarity ~ The Government ~ UK ~ UK Government

Petition Action

Reduce ministerial salaries by 20% in solidarity with furloughed workers

Petition Details

The New Zealand Government have taken a 20% pay cut in solidarity with people who have been affected by COVID-19. The UK government has introduced a furlough scheme in which the government will pay 80% of an employees wages up to £2500pm. Its up to the individual companies if they pay the other 20%

Additional Information

Not all companies made up the 20% shortfall.

In solidarity with these workers, I propose that government ministers also take a 20% pay cut.


You can't sign this petition because it is now closed. But you can still comment on it here at Repetition.me!

Have your say on this petition!

comments powered by Disqus

repetition.me is a Good Stuff website

18.234.247.75 Fri, 15 Jan 2021 17:00:22 +0000