Submitted by Michael Davis on Monday 27th April 2020
Published on Friday 10th July 2020
Current status: Closed
Closed: Sunday 10th January 2021
Suspend all sport until there is certainty COVID-19 is under control.
As COVID-19 death rates fall, sport is slowly being restarted behind closed doors. Although this would be a morale boost we believe this is a financially driven decision and is morally wrong.
The Government needs to step in to ensure this does not happen before COVID-19 is under control.
Restarting sport before COVID-19 is under control is morally wrong for many reasons:
- sets an extremely dangerous message that COVID-19 is under control before it actually is
- people will gather in houses to watch
- people will gather outside stadia
- puts an extra strain on the NHS/police
- puts sportsmen in danger
- tests should be prioritised to essential workers, people with symptoms and then to the general public, not sportsmen
- shows the public that money is more important than health
You can't sign this petition because it is now closed. But you can still comment on it here at Repetition.me!
126.96.36.199 Fri, 15 Jan 2021 16:51:03 +0000