Submitted on Thursday 4th August 2011
Published on Monday 8th August 2011
Current status: Closed
Closed: Wednesday 8th August 2012
House rental reform
I feel that housing tenants are have very poor protection from unscrupulous landlords and estate agents.
Prospective tenants are often disciminated against by landlords and estate agents who may have a less than perfect credit history.
I would like the following points to be debated
* Landlords and estate agents place to many barriers in the form of credit checks etc to prevent prospective tenants from renting a property
* Estate agents should only charge an administration fee upon approval.
* There is no protection for tenants when a landlord defaults on a mortgage.
* People are unfairly discriminated against who are either self employed or claim housing benifit
* Insurance companies should not require tenants to have a good credit history when insuring against tenant defaults.
* The tenancy deposit scheme needs better enforcement
* The industry needs regulating
* Landlords require better protection against bad tenants
You can't sign this petition because it is now closed. But you can still comment on it here at Repetition.me!
18.104.22.168 Sun, 06 Dec 2020 01:55:40 +0000