Submitted on Friday 29th July 2011
Published on Monday 8th August 2011
Current status: Closed
Closed: Wednesday 8th August 2012
Do more to support gay rights and tackle rising homophobia
The recent media reports of posters declaring "gay free zones" in East London and the rise in homophobic crime in London (widely reported) is deeply concerning. This is coupled with the Equality and Human Rights Commission's recent statement that it would "intervene" in two cases involving the refusal of services to gay people.
The Government should endeavour to:
1) Investigate and tackle the rising homophobia in London and other parts of the country as an absolute priority.
2) Crack down on published material and hate speech that incites hatred against gay people.
3) Balance the rights of theists with the rights of gay people and ensure that religious rights are not allowed to overtake gay rights, such as in the provision of services.
4) Tackle homophobic bullying in schools.
5) Take more diplomatic action against nations which have poor gay rights or maintain capital punishment for homosexuality...
and so on.
You can't sign this petition because it is now closed. But you can still comment on it here at Repetition.me!
184.108.40.206 Fri, 07 Oct 2022 13:37:16 +0100