Submitted by Thomas Matcham on Friday 11th September 2020
Published on Tuesday 6th October 2020
Current status: Open
Open until: Tuesday 6th April 2021
Current Signatures: 750
(count is updated approximately hourly)
Implement select committee recommendations on cladding to protect leaseholders
Hundreds of thousands of leaseholders are trapped in their homes facing bankruptcy from life-changing bills for waking watches, alarms and fire safety remediation. We want Government to protect them by implementing the Select Committee's 'Cladding: progress of remediation' report recommendations.
Recommendations include but are not limited to:
- Increasing the Building Safety Fund to address all fire safety defects in every high-risk residential building
- Providing funding for interim fire safety measures, such as waking watches and fire alarms
- Ensuring those responsible for the crisis contribute to the fund
- Use of CPO powers to take direct ownership of the freehold of buildings with serious fire safety defects
- Putting in place a much faster, fairer system than the EWS1 process
If you want to sign this petition (as opposed to merely discuss it), you need to do that on the government's e-Petitions website.
220.127.116.11 Tue, 01 Dec 2020 02:20:53 +0000