Submitted by Charlotte Appleyard on Tuesday 13th October 2020
Published on Tuesday 20th October 2020
Current status: Open
Open until: Tuesday 20th April 2021
Current Signatures: 1,110
(count is updated approximately hourly)
Prioritise teachers, school and childcare staff for Covid-19 vaccination
Advice from the JCVI on the priority groups for a Covid-19 vaccine does not include school/childcare workers. This petition calls for these workers, who cannot distance or use PPE, to be kept safe at work by being put on the vaccine priority list when such a list is adopted into government policy.
Inclusion of school and childcare staff on the priority list should also:
* provide more protection for children and their families
* reduce the chance of settings being closed for 2 weeks and working parents having to take time off work
* ensure continuity of education for children
* allow schools to return to normality faster, having a positive impact on children’s mental health
* reduce the chance of NHS workers having to stay at home with children who are isolating due to closures
If you want to sign this petition (as opposed to merely discuss it), you need to do that on the government's e-Petitions website.
22.214.171.124 Tue, 01 Dec 2020 01:32:14 +0000