Submitted by K Osman on Sunday 18th October 2020
Published on Tuesday 10th November 2020
Current status: Open
Open until: Monday 10th May 2021
Current Signatures: 7
(count is updated approximately hourly)
Investigation into Legal Expenses Insurance sold by Building Societies and Banks
The Government should conduct a full Public Inquiry into Building Societies, Banks, Brokers & LEI Insurers selling of Legal Expenses Insurance (LEI) as add on policies from 1980.
Many customers making legitimate claims find that the legal protection insurance sold to them is on a No Win No Fee basis and is not fit for purpose.
The scope of the inquiry should include but not limited to:
- Complaints from 1980 onwards
- The connection between Legal Expenses Insurance providers and the solicitors that they use
- How the LEI provider, handles & manages each claim at every stage and legal costs
- The use of experts, surveyors & structural engineers engaged in claims and the connection to the LEI provider
- The instructions given to experts
- The number of claims that have been rejected
The inquiry should determine the truth & accountability.
If you want to sign this petition (as opposed to merely discuss it), you need to do that on the government's e-Petitions website.
126.96.36.199 Sat, 28 Nov 2020 19:27:17 +0000