Submitted on Tuesday 3rd November 2020
Rejected on Friday 20th November 2020
Current status: Rejected
Rejection code: duplicate (see below for details)
Stop changing the clocks twice a year: switch to British Summer Time permanently
Everyone hates it when the clocks go back, so let's stop doing it. In 2021, every EU nation will stop changing their clocks twice a year. This is a great opportunity for us to do the same thing. It also has a surprisingly long list of benefits.
Switching to BST permanently will have the following effects:
1. Reduce our electricity bills and CO2 emissions by making it lighter later, and reducing peak power demand
2. Stop the spike in strokes and heart attacks we see when the clocks go forward
3. Avoid a "time border" on the island of Ireland
4. Save 80 lives each year on the roads
5. Reduce crime
6. Improve our health by giving us more evenings to exercise outdoors
7. Improve our mental health by reducing the effects of S.A.D.
You can't sign this petition because it was rejected. But you can still comment on it here at Repetition.me!
The Government e-Petitions Team gave the following reason:
There's already a petition about this issue. We cannot accept a new petition when we already have one about a very similar issue.
You are more likely to get action on this issue if you sign and share a single petition.
188.8.131.52 Sat, 28 Nov 2020 07:46:19 +0000