Have your say on government e-petitions

Allow bereaved children to succeed tenancy of council-owned properties

Submitted by Samuel McManus on Tuesday 25th May 2021

Published on Wednesday 2nd June 2021

Current status: Open

Open until: Thursday 2nd December 2021

Current Signatures: 7
(count is updated approximately hourly)

Relevant Departments

Tagged with

2020 ~ 25 years ~ Children ~ Council ~ Extraordinary ~ Government ~ Guardian ~ Lost ~ property ~ The Government

Petition Action

Allow bereaved children to succeed tenancy of council-owned properties

Petition Details

I want the Government to require local councils to allow the adult children of late council-owned property tenants to succeed tenancies if at risk of homelessness.

Additional Information

I am 25 years old and lost both parents in 2020. As my mother was the sole name on the tenancy and died after my father, the tenancy of our council-owned house cannot be passed on to me. I am now facing homelessness after becoming guardian to my two brothers. In my eyes, this is an extraordinary case and more lenience and compassion should be shown as children are involved.

If you want to sign this petition (as opposed to merely discuss it), you need to do that on the government's e-Petitions website.

Sign this petition
at petition.parliament.uk

Have your say on this petition!

comments powered by Disqus

repetition.me is a Good Stuff website Fri, 18 Jun 2021 03:54:49 +0100