Have your say on government e-petitions

Give police and council more powers to deal with nuisance neighbours.

Submitted on Thursday 3rd June 2021

Rejected on Wednesday 9th June 2021

Current status: Rejected

Rejection code: no-action (see below for details)

Petition Action

Give police and council more powers to deal with nuisance neighbours.

Petition Details

To give police and council more powers . So they can provide more help in relation to nuisance neighbours. Who are causing vandalism, being noisy , etc . Allowing them to have a more stricter approach to deal with these situations so it don’t continue on for years .

Additional Information

I’ve lived next door to some nuisance neighbours a long while now . For years I’ve tried every option phoning contacting police , file reports , contacted local council , spoke with ASB in relation to my neighbours and there behaviour. Which is from damaging property, vandalism/ scratching cars throwing stones , smashing glass , drugs setting out of control fires and exploding gas canisters etc ive tried every route and it all seems for nothing. It’s been years and nothing is being done . Police and council need more powers to deal with neighbours like these . It’s unfair on the rest of the neighbourhood who feel they have to move away because they can no longer tolerate the behaviour.

You can't sign this petition because it was rejected. But you can still comment on it here at Repetition.me!

This petition was rejected

The Government e-Petitions Team gave the following reason:

Petitions need to call on the Government or Parliament to take a specific action.

We understand that you are concerned about police and local authority powers to tackled antisocial behaviour, but it's not clear what additional powers you want to be granted.

You could start a new petition explaining clearly what you would like the Government or Parliament to do. If you submit a new petition you would need to give your full name.

If you are having trouble getting your local council to deal with anti-social behaviour near your home you might find this information published by the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman helpful: www.lgo.org.uk/make-a-complaint/fact-sheets/housing/neighbour-nuisance-and-anti-social-behaviour

Have your say on this petition!

comments powered by Disqus

repetition.me is a Good Stuff website Sun, 13 Jun 2021 18:50:53 +0100