Submitted by Sarah Hilton on Monday 10th October 2022
Published on Thursday 13th October 2022
Current status: Open
Open until: Thursday 13th April 2023
Current Signatures: 2,328
(count is updated approximately hourly)
Introduce a fourth emergency service 'mental health rescue'
Introduce a fourth emergency service, "Mental health rescue".
To be able to respond to people in crises and help them.
People specifically trained in the area of mental health, thus helping the person in crises and freeing up other resources within the emergency services.
Having a Fourth emergency service for mental health should:
* Help the person with trained help that specialises in mental health.
* Save lives
* Signpost to other agencies only when absolutely necessary
* Free up resources for the ambulance service
* Free up resources for the police service
* Be specific and direct for the caller to ask for using the 999 service.
If you want to sign this petition (as opposed to merely discuss it), you need to do that on the government's e-Petitions website.
126.96.36.199 Sun, 29 Jan 2023 21:40:45 +0000