Have your say on government e-petitions

Negotiate so British citizens who pay pension in S. Korea can be refunded

Submitted by Sara Da Silva on Wednesday 11th January 2023

Published on Monday 16th January 2023

Current status: Open

Open until: Sunday 16th July 2023

Current Signatures: 14
(count is updated approximately hourly)

Relevant Departments

Tagged with

10 years ~ British ~ British citizens ~ Canada ~ Citizens ~ EU ~ EU countries ~ Korea ~ Madely ~ Pensions ~ Return ~ South Korea ~ state pension ~ state pension age ~ The USA ~ USA ~ work ~ Years

Petition Action

Negotiate so British citizens who pay pension in S. Korea can be refunded

Petition Details

In South Korea, British citizens who pay contributions in South Korea towards a state pension are not refunded if they return to the UK (unless they work for 10 years and reach state pension age).

We want negotiations to be made so we can be refunded our pension (in a lump-sum) if we leave.

Additional Information

The Foreign workers in Korea, from the USA, Canada and several other EU countries, are able to collect their pension as a lump-sum when they leave Korea. But British citizens are excluded from this. We hope this can be changed, as it would result in a higher incentive to return to the UK work pool.

If you want to sign this petition (as opposed to merely discuss it), you need to do that on the government's e-Petitions website.

Sign this petition
at petition.parliament.uk

Have your say on this petition!

comments powered by Disqus

repetition.me is a Good Stuff website Sun, 29 Jan 2023 22:07:42 +0000